- Do I need a connection to internet for attaching targets?
No, you don’t, you only need GPS. You only need connection to internet if you want to down- or upload a Map/Range.
- Can I fill in the coordinates by hand?
Yes, you can fill in longitude and latitude as numbers. It isn’t as comfortable as the automatic function, but if you have all data (by Google maps f.e.) you can make your work on the desk.
- Can I delete every Range/Map?
No, you can only delete Ranges/Maps attached by yourself.
- Are the Ranges/Maps in the list view sorted in any way?
Ranges/Maps are ordered by their distance to your current position. We don’t plan a function of sorting them by hand. If your list isn’t sorted sensibe, you should check your GPS.
- How should I act to attach a new Range/Map?I collected the winter greens of the 9 holfe golf course “Hummelbachaue” like this:- Sat myself on the sofa comfortably.
- Filled in Range name and author, saved.
- Then I attached all tagets, f.e. “Name: Hole 1″.
- I didn’t fill in longitude and latitude.
- I chose the symbol with the red flag in the snow.
- Don’t forget to save!
- When I was on the course next time, I only took my iPhone when I was standing on the winter green and chose the right hole in the edit mode. One tap on the cross hairs was enough, only save, and here you are!
I defined the Driving Range of the “Hummelbachaue” in a similar way.
Our Range has 11 flags spreaded all over the place and some stands for marking 100 m, 150 m and 200 m.
Once I built the structure at home I walked around the range and collected every mark with a tap on the cross hairs.
As I wrote above, i didn’t need internet connection, I only used the GPS of the iPhone.